An unbreakable phone is a smart choice to use as a second phone when traveling. Ruggedized smartphone models meet military testing standards for protection against water, dust, shock, extreme temperatures, and vibration. If you are looking for an unbreakable smartphone you can toss around in the mud and go to battle with in the trenches, then continue below for our top 5 best-rugged smartphones available. These phones are waterproof and can withstand submersion in shallow water for a limited time.
Here are the best Unbreakable smartphones for 2017 that are available unlocked
1. Casio G’Zone Commando 4G LTE- A striking, muscular, robust, hunky yet also stylish phone, the 4 inches is a near flawless blend of physical strength and high-performing Android-backed device.
Since Verizon eliminated the contracts, you would need to buy this phone outright, which is going for $499.99 currently on Amazon. The LTE-enabled hunk is sheltered against 4-feet drops, 30-minutes 1 m depth water dunks, rain, heavy dust, salt fog, humidity, solar radiation, ultra-low pressure, temperatures as high as 85° C and as low as -25°. Bottom line, it’s virtually indestructible.
2. CAT S60- The S60 is equipped a lot better than most other smartphones in this list, it has lots of features and it also looks good. In terms of severity, the S60 shines in every aspect, it is waterproof, dustproof and can handle lots of drops. Moreover, you also get the awesome thermal imaging camera. This means that it takes the second place in our list.
3. Kyocera Brigadier- The smartphone can survive under extreme conditions, the screen can’t be destroyed easily and it has a mid-range phone performance. Considering the other applicants for unbreakable smartphones and the price tag, the Kyocera Brigadier takes the third place for the 5 best unbreakable smartphones on the market.
4. Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro- MIL-STD-810G-approved rugged mobile from the world’s most famous mobile phone maker. And affordable too, at least with AT&T pacts: $20. Off-contract, it’s a preposterous $450, although you can find the reform or used units at less than half the price.
Aside from resisting shocks, water and so on and so forth, the Rugby Pro offers 4G LTE connectivity, a punchy dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 chip, and 1 GB RAM.
5. Kyocera Torque- Another device that fits Army standards for everything from dust to handle transport shock, high and low temperature, solar rays, etc. Where the Kyocera Torque truly impresses, however, is in battery power, packaging a generous 2,500 mAh juice extractor whose independence is way beyond those of Android flagship device. Think 20 hours in ongoing talk-time, and possibly up to a week in regular use.